We at From Prison Cells to PhD are looking to recruit Scholars for the 2021 Virtual Scholar Cohort -19 starting on May 8th!
Applications will close April 26th. If you have already filled out an application form no need to fill it out again, we will be in touch.
Briefly, our educational counseling consists of 2-month of weekend workshops focused on: (1) College Readiness/Applications (2) SAT/GRE Prep (3) Loan Applications/FASFA (4) Job Readiness and (5) Personal Enrichment (6) Gender-Related Resources (7) Financial Literacy and much more!
All Scholars who complete the program are eligible for our benefits that include:
- $500 award toward school upon completion of Cohort
- $1,000 scholarship towards school upon acceptance to be a Mentor for another Scholar
- Access to employment opportunities
- Tutor and Mentor Match
- Certificate & Letter of Recommendation
- Mental Health resources
- P2P Transitional Residence Program
Candidates should have the following:
- High school diploma or GED and be formerly incarcerated, criminal conviction/arrest, or disadvantaged background with a desire to obtain college education.
We will be sending acceptance offers the first week in May, which will include the next steps to get started!